Sunday, November 29, 2009

Great digestive biscuit recipe No. 2


Nothing too taxing about this: digestive, cheese, butter, Marmite. A good cheese can make anything taste good. I'm convinced that if you put decent cheese on top of a plate of sawdust it will taste good. Not that digestive biscuits need anything added to them to make them taste better - they're pretty good tasting all by themselves. But there's something about cheese and Marmite and butter and a crumbly thick digestive that just works really well. The first time I tasted this combination was after a night out with my friend Caroline (I have her to thank for introducing me to eating digestives this way). And I was surprised that something with such basic ingredients could taste so good. But that's usually the way it is.

The only problem with eating biscuits this way is that you have double the guilt - treble the guilt if you add butter, which I always do. And because this is so quick and easy to prepare you could quite happly work your way through the biscuit tin as well as a packet of cheese. You'd be OK with the Marmite, though, because as everyone knows, that never runs out...

No comments:

Post a Comment